Mask & Buff Info
WANT JOU OE DOEN DIE PRAATWERK/ BECAUSE YOUR EYES DO THE TALKING
*All our masks & Buff’s are Non-Medical
They range between 2 & 3 layers with an insert for a piece of medical cloth / dried out face wipe / dried nappy liner or paper towel. (Pre-cut this before inserting)
As we are all fighting this pandemic together; it’s become clear that we should all wear our masks & support local brands and individuals creating them.
It’s taken Boerenmeisje a bit longer than planned due to supply chain limitations during lock down, but now we can also finally say we are providing masks made from all our underwear fabrics & we have the permit to show for it.
We have a range of prints in the pallet of the brand identity and true to the spirit of Boerenmeisje. We’ve also worked on a lace & black velvet option that can be utilized when going out at night or when dressing up.
Due to the fact that most of these masks are made from 100% Cotton Lycra; it sits really comfortable, but it also follows the shape of your face which means its closer to your lips.
The selection ranges between an un-constructed/un-shaped horizontal mask, constructed shaped mask and layered & plain buffs. It’s available in 1 x adult and 1 x children size.
We suggest you wash your mask every time after it’s been used; and where possible steam iron before using it again.
It’s probably best to carry a few masks with you when leaving home. This will allow you to change between them after taking the first one off. Once you remove the mask you need to put it in a bag which can go straight to wash when you get home.
How to wear your mask or Buff:
- Before putting on a mask or Buff, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water
- Cover your mouth and nose with the masks or Buff and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask
- Avoid touching the mask while using it, but if you do; clean your hands with sanitizer or wash with soap and water
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp or once you’ve taken it off
- After every wear wash the mask with warm soapy water and if possible iron when dry. This will be how you disinfect the mask
- To remove the mask; remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); put it in the wash immediately or put it into a packet if in your car or in public
- To remove the Buff; remove by carefully lifting the Buff over your head in order for the outside not to touch your face
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use santiser after you’ve taken the mask or Buff off
Why you should wear your mask or Buff:
Firstly we are conforming to the new norm and by wearing an item to cover our nose & mouth we agree and show that we care for ourselves and for others.
This prevents droplets from spreading after a cough or a sneeze or basic talking.
The mask also prevents you from touching your face - it serves as a buffer as we often touch our face without even knowing.
These masks are all made in the comfort of my pattern maker's home where she takes careful care of your item & the sanitization of it. We do however suggest that before using it - that you wash it… just to ensure all is safe in the comfort of your own home.
Our charity of choice we are supporting during this pandemic is Ladles of Love. They have grown tremendously over this period and doing an absolutely amazing job with feeding families. With every mask & Buff purchase we will contribute R5 towards feeding a hungry person.
The balance of the funds created with the masks & Buffs will support the sustainability of the Boerenmeisje brand.
Delivery cost is excluded and will be charged at an additional fee when checking out. (between R80 - R160)
Delivery will be between 5-7 working days as we only produce once an order is received. Subject to order volumes & availability of fabric.
Please note that although we have loads of fabric left over; most prints are subject to availability of fabric. The website will be frequently updated with info regarding print availability.
Note: the colours might fade slightly over time
Allow for drying time